What's A Setting ?
Settings are actions like Display Brightness and Ringer Volume
whose effects are reversed by Tasker when the profile(s) which applied them
are no longer active.
Settings have a cog icon next to them. Normal actions have a lightning bolt.
When a setting is applied by the profile's Enter Task, its value is restored
after the profile becomes inactive again. For example, if
the ringer volume is at 7 and is set to 0 in the Enter Task,
when the profile becomes inactive it is automatically set back to 7.
In other words, settings are only valid for the lifetime of their profiles.
When multiple profiles that affect a setting are active simultaneously:
- the setting has the value from the most recently activated profile
- when all profiles are inactive, the setting has the value from before
any profile was active
- if a setting is changed by the Exit Task the profile will never save the setting's initial value.
- settings changed in an instant profile (one with an event context or repeating/non-ranged time context) remain changed after the
event. The reasoning is that there is no point in changing the setting for the
half-second that the event lasts.
Complicated, huh ?
- settings are not actively maintained. If something else changes the setting
once the Enter task has run, it's not the case that this is detected and the
Enter task value automatically reapplied.